Last Updated: May 12, 2022.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Clocky App LTD (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information if you:
- Visit our website at https://www.clocky.app
- Download and use our mobile application — Clocky App
- Engage with us in other related ways ― including any sales, marketing, or events
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- “Website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “App,” we are referring to any application of ours that references or links to this policy, including any listed above
- “Services,” we are referring to our Website, App, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
As you will see in this document, we collect the information only to operate and improve the services we give to our users.
- When we say, “we,” “our,” or “us,” we’re referring to Clocky App Ltd., our staff members, distributors, affiliates, or subsidiaries. When we say “you” or “your,” we are referring to you as the person or organization who uses our services.
- When we say “Applications”, “Services”, “Internal Systems”, or “Websites,” we are referring to Clocky App systems, including the services related to the clocky.app domain and its subdomains as well other services or applications we could operate in future.
- When we say “External service (s)” we are referring to third-party services that Clocky App needs to operate its systems and services. A clear example of this could be “Google Cloud Services” that is an optional storage provider for Clocky App backups storage.
- When we say “Clocky App” we are referring also to all our systems and services.
- When we say “information,” we are referring to all the different forms of information that you provide us voluntarily or we automatically collect from you when you use our services.
2. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
Please take in consideration that your use of Clocky App services is also subject to our Terms of Service.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In this section you will be able to see exactly what information we collect about you while you are using our services.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
During registration: When you register directly or through your organization for and use Clocky App services you are providing us with information we collect.
This information may include:
- Your organization name and ID.
- Your full name (name and last name).
- Your personal and organization email.
- Your personal and organization phone number.
- Your organization position and department.
- Your organization’s supervisor and his corporate email.
- Your time zone and working hours.
- Your computer’s operating system.
- Your preferred language.
(*) We use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing, so we do not receive nor store any credit/debit card related data.
(*) Regardless of you registered through your organization we collect some personal data to allow you to request your information or request your data deletion directly without contacting your organization.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHILE YOU USE OUR SERVICES
During Clocky App applications usage
In Short: Clocky App may collect data related to your work habits, working hours, applications, documents and websites used.
Clocky App is a work analytics service, due to its nature during its usage it may check and store data like your IP address, date & time, the time you started / finished work, names and amounts of used time on documents, applications and websites you worked on, computer usage behavior like activity and inactivity time, last user input time (last time you used your keyboard and mouse). We also may collect data about your interactions with Clocky App applications and services like the sections you view, dates and times of use.
(*) Clocky App may store the time and number of keystrokes and mouse movements you make; however, we do not check into its purpose. We do not store the words you type or where you click as we are not a keystroke / screen logging application. However, we could use this data to determine your computer’s activity or inactivity state.
During our websites usage
Clocky App may check and store non-personal identifying data from website visitors. Typically, the data offered by your web browser. This may include browser name and version, operating system, preferred language, referring site, date and time of your visit and IP address.
Cookies, website analytics and third-party services
Our websites stores “cookies”. Cookies are small pieces of text that our website may save into your device, it allows our systems to recognize your browser and preferred settings in future allowing us to improve your website experience.
We use two kind of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies, the session cookies are deleted when you close our website on the other hand the persistent cookies are saved into your computer, and it will be accessed every time you visit our websites.
We may also collect information through third-party systems like cookies, tracking pixels, and data analytics tools like Google Analytics and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through our website and how you interact with our advertising material. We only use this data to understand what contents our clients prefer and to improve your website experience.
(*) Cookies are optional as your browser asks you if you prefer to accept or reject the cookies. You can reject them, but your website experience may face issues.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, to provide the services we offer you, the fulfillment of our contract with you or your organization, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. On the other hand, if you register to our services directly or through your organization, we use the information you provide us to create your account.
- To authenticate and secure your access. We may use some personal information to authenticate your access. For instance, during the password reset, data downloads and deletion procedures. Also, to keep your account updated, save your preferences, and avoid fraud.
- To provide the services. We also use your data to provide the services you registered. For instance:
- To create work analytics reports.
- To avoid work simulation frauds.
- To keep your work routine healthy.
- To allow you to chat with other users.
- To let you make calls from Clocky App.
- To keep a record of your work effort achievements.
- To give you tech support. We may use your information to give you tech support (assisting you in resolving your questions and issues). This way we can know who you are, what issues you have experienced, how we can help you and improve your Clocky App experience. An example of this could be a tech support agent checking into your Clocky App configuration, time zone, operating system or simply sending you an email.
- To bill your services. We use your data when we send your invoices, in this case we use data like your name, your company name, your email, your phone number, and your registered services.
- Improving Clocky App products and services. Clocky App products are constantly evolving and changing, we always improve our services and add new features. This process requires analysis, studying our users needs and how they use our applications.
- To send you newsletters and other marketing materials. In the case you set in your Clocky App settings that you wish to receive news or offers; we could use information like your name and email address.
- To send you alerts, notifications, and updates. Our systems may use your information to send you notifications, alerts and update you about changes in your Clocky App account. You could receive these messages through email, and in some cases WhatsApp or phone.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To respond to legal requirements and proceedings. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request from a government entity, police forces or regulatory bodies, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond. In some cases, we could be forced to use your personal information to respond to those demands and obligations.
6. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In short: We do not sell your information. We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights or to fulfill business obligations.
To run Clocky App services, we may need to share your personal information with other users, authorized third parties (affiliates, subsidiaries or distributors), service providers and in some legal cases with government or regulatory entities. We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Information sharing between Clocky App users
Clocky App is a work analytics service, this means your information could be shared with other users’ part of your organization. For instance, with your supervisor when he analyses your work analytics, reports, and habits. Or with your organization directors when they see statistics data about your team’s / department’s progress.
The data is only shared by secured channels (like corporate email), reports are delivered only to trusted emails or WhatsApp numbers, the access to the reports is protected by Google Authentication. This means that in the case your company accidentally leaked an email with your data, your information will remain protected and accessible only to authorized recipients. We can also lock the documents at any time.
- Information sharing between Clocky App and Third-party service providers
Clocky App may share personal information with third party service providers needed to run Clocky App services. The data shared may be:
- Personal identification data, like names, last names, email addresses, and phone numbers. I.e., To process payments.
- Clocky App settings, like your time zone, operating system, working hours, and other preferences. I.e., For tech support.
- Invoicing related information, like your organization’s name, id, emails, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Work analytics data, like work analytics reports and statistics. Third parties like Clocky App associates, subsidiaries and distributors may access your reports to apply changes requested by your organization like data formats, colors, pictures and other cosmetic changes.
- Browsing related data like, IP addresses, browser type, operating system, and advertising ids. I.e., Google Analytics.
- Legal Obligations
We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). These cases may also include:
- Enforce Clocky App terms of service.
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm our/your/third parties/public, rights, properties, interests, or safety.
- Business Transfers
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Under your consent
We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose for instance for a third-party service integration I.e., QuickBooks, SAP, etc.
- Vital Interests
We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Legitimate Interests
We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract
Where we have entered a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than sixty (60) months past the termination of the user’s account. After this period your personal information will be deleted.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and advanced technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
Some of the security measurements we take to protect your personal information include:
- Our systems are hosted on Google Datacenters in one of the safest datacenters on earth.
- Our systems use Google Authentication, to store, handle and share data.
- We use two factor authentication compatible with Android / iOS push notifications, SMS, calls and high security USB certificates.
- Your files are encrypted with military grade encryption before the upload process.
- We do not store user’s encryption passwords (we simply cannot open your files).
- We do not process your credit / debit card so we do not keep any financial information about you.
- All the communications and data transfers are encrypted (HTTPS).
- Strong password creation policies.
- Internal logging and security monitoring systems I.e., advanced firewalls, intrusion detection systems, data loss prevention, and more.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here:
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected].
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
- Phone: +(44) 7404 995 622 / +(358) 44 956 3873
- Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
Cookies and similar technologies
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
Clocky App LTD has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Clocky App LTD will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal data
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected] / [email protected], or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Andres Ledezma, by email at [email protected], by phone at +(358) 44 956 3873, or by post to:
Clocky App LTD
71-75, Shelton Street,
London, United Kingdom WC2H 9JQ
15. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here.